Ask a question Report

Urgent, my keyboard types numbers and letters [Solved/Closed]

Hottie - Latest answer on Mar 31, 2013 08:06AM
Hello, my keyboard for my desktop0 types numbers and letters at the same time. How can i fix this?
e.g he3llo9, i8 am ho9tti8e3. Pleassseee help me.
Read more 
Answer
+100
moins plus
Hey for mine also just nw..Fn+F11....corrected the problem.mine is acer...thanku all

graham- Dec 4, 2012 05:35PM
i had a problem with mine when i type A it turns into > or < or d g r that letter does not come up its changes to various signs someone told me a drink may of been spiled on the keyboard so i had it changed for about 20 hope this helps
jing111884- Jan 16, 2013 08:49PM
thanks a lot!!!
ratheesh sukumar- Jan 23, 2013 12:42PM
thanks..............................................................
hço- Jan 27, 2013 01:20PM
H_i guys
_i have the same problem with HP

&a&azz"e"e'r'r (duble caractere for one key
thks
MISFORTUNE TYPER- Feb 5, 2013 04:46PM
thnk you T.T
Answer
+68
moins plus
Press the "fn" and "num lk" at the same time. you may have accidentally pressed those two by accident. hope this helps

rome- Oct 28, 2012 11:21PM
thanks guys also worked for me mine is a asus
paispica- Nov 4, 2012 10:32AM
Thank you a lot for assistance :)
nik- Nov 11, 2012 08:54AM
thank for the tip
rali- Feb 27, 2013 10:55AM
that worked for me. thank you i was about to buy new keyboard and and reinstall drivers :)))
myo- Mar 31, 2013 08:06AM
thank you so much
Answer
+46
moins plus
my key board types number and letter

Answer
+15
moins plus
Hey, I had a similar problem, in that some letters were typed at the same time. I got it solved at the moment, by following the instructions in this thread:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich 24692 keyboard mess up after shift key held too lon

i.e. hold both shift keys for a few seconds.

I do not know why it works though, so just a tip.

kate- Jun 25, 2010 07:55PM
thanks helped on the ee pc.
Jen- Aug 21, 2010 10:12PM
fn+f11 helped me as well!!!! I suggest that everyone just tries each suggestion till something works :)
kla- Nov 19, 2012 05:21PM
what about on a mac?
Bdl- Mar 2, 2013 11:25AM
Thanks a ton , it worked for my acer laptop.
cammy- Mar 25, 2013 09:01PM
press ctrl and shift
Answer
+12
moins plus
I had had the same problem and tried all the suggested answers here without effect.

The one answer I haven't seen, here or elsewhere, which did work was to update the BIOS.

The keyboard problem appeared after I had cleaned out and reinstalled XP and installed Microsoft Office 2007 on an IBM laptop Z60m.

A superb techie spent three hours trying to find the answer. He found most of the answers suggested here, plus several others, including a Microsoft statement "recognizing the problem." Eventually, he tried updating the BIOS, which worked. But he thought of that himself. Nowhere did he find anything suggesting updating the BIOS.

FWI.

Answer
+7
moins plus
thank u , 100 %

Answer
+0
moins plus
thankyou so much that really helped

This document entitled « Urgent, my keyboard types numbers and letters » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.