RuneScape download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
RuneScape is a free fantasy MMORPG developed and published by Jagex since 2001 that still offers an excellent experience in the world of Gielinor. As you explore the various kingdoms of this magical realm, you will find and join other players in epic fights against dangerous enemies, upgrade your skills to shape the world, and experience a lot of quests.
- Explore the world: The vast and magical world of RuneScape is a medieval kingdom full of different regions, cities, dense forests, snowy mountains, hostile deserts, and tropical jungles. Each area has unique resources, NPCs, and monsters, and is full of quests and different activities. As you explore the world, you will face many enemies and fight in thrilling combats against epic bosses, demons, dragons, and other dangerous creatures.
- PvP and activities: You can create or join a clan to experience PvM or PvP gameplay mechanics and fight for the honor of your tribe. Also, many activities await you, like owning your port, running your farm, earning money by trading with other players at The Grand Exchange, and more.
- Combat system: RuneScape features a semi-real-time combat system where you will face your opponent and either win, die, or try to escape. Your combat skills, weapon, and armor will make the difference, but you can also summon a familiar to assist you or even boost your combat skills via potions, special items, prayers, or lowering your enemy's stats using curses and spells.
- Combat trilemma: Combat abilities are divided into three main types, including Melee, Ranged, and Magic. Melee focus on close range, Ranged attacks use projectile weapons like arrows, throwing knives, or darts, and Magic attacks use runestones to cast spells. Note that these three categories provide a well-balanced and fair combat system as magic beats melee, melee beats ranged, ranged beats magic, and each style is neutral to itself. There is no specific character class bound to Melee, Ranged, or Magic, as your combat category depends on your weapons and armor, and you can even mix the three of them if you like.
- Skills: Skills are the main ways you can interact with the world, and RuneScape features 28 different skills to master. Every one of them allows you to perform various activities, like collecting materials from your environment (mining, woodcutting, fishing, etc.) or using raw or transformed materials to make more advanced products (cooking, creating potions, crafting weapons and runestones, etc.). Other skills also allow you to move around the world more easily, steal from NPCs, chests, or market stalls, kill NPCs, raid dungeons, summon familiars, and more. Of course, the more you use a skill, the more you earn experience, level up that skill, and can use it efficiently.
- Membership advantages: Even though lots of content are available for free, you can unlock even more content, such as over 200 extra quests or 11 additional skills, and also access a three-time larger world map.
- Customization: Of course, you can customize your character and choose your gender, hairstyle, facial hair, and skin color, as well as many other clothing options. Also, you can express your mood using emotes.
Graphics and sound
For an MMO, RuneScape shows nice-looking graphics with good texture quality and advanced lighting, shadow, and particle rendering techniques. In addition, RuneScape OST offers beautiful pieces of music and ambient soundscapes that reinforce each environment's atmosphere and make the whole world more immersive.
Duration and game modes
The game offers a multiplayer experience you can enjoy for hundreds and hundreds of hours.
What do the reviews say?
RuneScape is a very successful RPG video game rated Very Positive by over 19.000 players on Steam.
RuneScape is rated PEGI 16.