A BlackBerry, like any mobile phone is prone bugs, malfunctions or errors. For example if apps are not responding, erratic network connections or error codes. One of the most common error codes is the Error 513 RESET this article will explain how to fix this error code, and also how to reset your Blackberry.
Error 513 RESET
To solve the Error 513 RESET on your Blackberry phone, you must reinstall the phone memory. In other word you will have to flash your phone.
- This can be done at any phone shops (official retailers)
- Or you can reset your Blackberry yourself using the following steps.
Make a backup of all your applications and data before resetting your BlackBerry.
Use the Backup and Restore tool provided with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager app.
If you are unable to sync your BlackBerry with your PC (device not detected), then you can make use of the following key combination to perform a soft reset:
- Press ALT+DELETE+RIGHT SHIFT simultaneously.
- The screen will go blank and the device will boot normally.
Photo by Thai Nguyen on Unsplash
- You can perform hard reset when your applications/device are not working properly.
- This is achieved using the same key combination as above:
- But this time you will have to use it twice.
- The screen will go blank and the device will boot.
- Immediately press ALT+DELETE+RIGHT SHIFT, you should get a blank screen followed by an hour glass.