Sometimes phones cut off users while they're speaking. Resetting the phone can help restoring the phone's settings. This article gives two methods of resetting Nokia cell phones to their factory settings: the Normal and the Deep reset. Resetting in Normal mode uses a different combination of key sequences from Deep mode. This article also highlights the need to create a data backup as resetting will delete data from the phone memory.
How to normal reset your Nokia?
This will restore ini files from ROM, keeping all your data (themes, third party apps, video, photos, and music files).
How to deep reset your Nokia phone?
Dial *#7370#. This will completely reformat the phone memory. Default files are cleaned and rewritten. Note that all data found on the memory card will not be altered.
How to proceed with resetting on Symbian v1 based phones?
When using Symbian60 v1 based phones like Nokia 7650, 3650 or Ngage models, these two key sequences should be entered in the same way you dial a phone number.
On the S60 phones, you should try a Deep Reset, using the following steps:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press the green/talk, 3 and * keys simultaneously and hold them down.
- Wait for the onscreen Format message, then release the keys.
- Note that before trying a reset on Nokia N96 by using the *#7370# or the three finger method, you need to backup your files, as the reset will automatically delete important data.
- Nokia factory reset code forgot
- Nokia factory reset code
- Nokia 2690 reset code
- Reset a Nokia phone: to factory settings, without code > Guide
- Secret codes for Android phones > Guide
- Nokia 210.3 security code > Forum - Nokia
- Nokia 225 forget my security code > Forum - Nokia
- UNLOCKING FORGOTTEN SECURITY CODE > Forum - Nokia
- How to recover deleted SMS from Nokia phones
- Install games on Nokia phone: via Nokia PC Suite
- How to create a Nokia account
- Connect Nokia phone to PC: with PC Suite
- How to download Opera Mini on Nokia
- Remove the sim card from your Nokia Lumia
- How to install Flash Player for Nokia Symbian