-
TonyC1230
Registration date
Thursday February 14, 2019
Status
Last seen
February 14, 2019
-
Just recently, my left shift key has been typing out this symbol | when I press it. But only when I press it on the left side closer to the Z. This is making it hard for me to capitalise my letters and is quite annoying.

||See this is what my sentence looks like when |I use my shift like I| normally would, without consciously pressing it on the far left side. |Stupid vertical bar. It spams if I hold it down, too. ||||||||||||

I use a Cougar Vantar RGB Scissor Switch Gaming Keyboard. Since this is a recent problem, I assume that I have toggled something without knowing?

Thank you for your help!

2 replies

|Did you ever find the solution? |Curious because I am clearly dealing with the same issue.
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 3867 users have said thank you to us this month

TonyC1230
Registration date
Thursday February 14, 2019
Status
Last seen
February 14, 2019

the left shift key of your keyboard may have multiple plungers under the key itself. My keyboard was doing the same thing- after popping the key off, I found it had 3 plungers. The center plunger was SHIFT, the left and right were the " l " that your keyboard keeps making. I pulled the plastic piece off the left and right plungers and have not had the problem ever since. I feel the frustration- nowhere on the internet could I find the answer to this problem!
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
March 27, 2020
Try to clean the key with compressed air, there could be dust, dirt or food particles such as Burger Rings or Twisties.