Trouble Sharing Intenet Connection

Closed
THE_SMAN Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 - Jun 2, 2009 at 11:17 PM
THE_SMAN Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 - Jun 3, 2009 at 02:00 AM
Hello,
I have a small problem and need some help. I am trying to share the internet connection with my Pc and XBOX.
Here is the set up

2 Computers
1 router
1 XBOX

I have 2 Ethernet ports on my PC, I have a crossover cable connected to the XBOX and one of the ethernet ports on the computer.

I use the other ethernet port to run to the internet.

Now on the router there is another PC connected.

My problem is when i try to use connection sharing to connect the xbox to my PC I get en error about the IP already being assigned.

I just can't hook another line to the router and then to the XBOX since I live on another part of the property than where the router is. Is there anyway to share the Internet connection without this error?

2 responses

buster23 Posts 15 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 2
Jun 3, 2009 at 01:37 AM
hi,
you should connect the XBOX and the computer to the router.
Or go to Run and type ipconfig.
this will get the ip address.
THE_SMAN Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009
Jun 3, 2009 at 02:00 AM
Thanks for the reply!!!!

And to answer you I can't hook the xbox to the router because of the distance. The router is on another part of the property and i don't want to go out and spend 80 bucks on line.

Is there anyway to use the other Ethernet connection I have on the PC?