Monitor says “no signal”

Closed
Elliotlovgren12345 - Feb 25, 2019 at 01:46 PM
 Elliotlovgren123 - Feb 26, 2019 at 07:04 AM
I recently build a pc and it’s been working great but twice now I have unplugged my monitor and pc for various reasons and when I plug them back my monitor says no signal. Last time it kinda just fixed by itself idk what I did but it was working again but now I can’t get it to work. I don’t think it’s my pc but instead the monitor although it did give a signal with my MacBook using the hdmi cable. Sadly I can’t see if it is my monitor as that is the only one I have and can’t try with a different monitor.

Things I have tried:
Unplugging all cables and plugging them in again.

Remove ram sticks and swapping them around.

Try my graphics card in a different slot on the motherboard

No luck yet but I know it’s fixable. Thanks,

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 25, 2019 at 02:06 PM
Hdmi is not a standard. Ypu may have to turn on montior first or pc first. Because it is not a standardx not all hdmi devices are required to work together!
Elliotlovgren123
Feb 25, 2019 at 02:09 PM
Im using a display port i was just testning with a hdmi port to see IF it connects to my macbook
Blocked Profile
Feb 25, 2019 at 02:15 PM
Do you have an onboard graphics card to test with? Remove the graphics card and use the onboard graphivs. Perhaps the graphivlc card setting is set to a signal that the monitor cannot display!
Elliotlovgren123 > Blocked Profile
Feb 25, 2019 at 02:30 PM
Yes i tried it but it didnt work. Like i said i think the problem is with the monitor not the pc. Or maybe something like the cpu idk. All I know is the pc was working fine and everything looked good in the bios.
Blocked Profile
Feb 25, 2019 at 04:14 PM
Any modern tv will do then.....if you are trying to t shoot the monitor.
Elliotlovgren123
Feb 25, 2019 at 04:25 PM
Do i just plug it into the tv with a hdmi cable and it turns on?
Blocked Profile
Feb 25, 2019 at 04:59 PM
Yea, but turn the PC on first, then the TV. Make certain the TV is set to whatever the HDMI is. IF that does not present a picture, turn off the PC, leave the TV on, once again making certain that the proper HDMI port is on. Then boot. As I said, not all HDMI has to play right, so you may have to change the order in whcih you try to connect the devices. Also, make certain that if the TV has DVI port, use it as it eliminates another variable in the final attempt!
Elliotlovgren123
Feb 26, 2019 at 07:04 AM
It came up no signal there too so it probably is my pc...