I am LOSING MY MIND!!!!!!!

Closed
Hewhodoesntknowmuch Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2020 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2020 - Updated on May 13, 2020 at 03:13 AM
GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 - Jul 2, 2020 at 02:20 AM
Please...please....***PLEEEASE!!!*** somebody.... ANYBODY help me!.... Apologies for the theatrics but I have been trying to fix this for about 2 weeks and nobody seems to know what to actually do to fix my problems (plural....on about a half a day after the other one. I also apologize for knowing less about computers than most children probably know and if I give you too much info...but I don't know what's important so here I go..... I have a Hp15-f387wm AMD Quad-Core A8-7410 APU. 4 GB with 8 added...now 12 GB memory. 500GB hard drive touchscreen Windows 10. I bought a Seagate slim 2 TB disk drive and put about 1.7 TB of rv shows and movies on it for my children and I to watch. We were watching something and the USB plug kept popping out but no prob. till the last time and now it won't recognize it. In the disk manager it DOES show it as Disk 1 Unknown 1863.02 GB Not Initialized (that's on the left) and in the right rectangle box on the right of that is 1863.02 GB Unallocated. A little window states that "You must initialize a disk b fore Logical Disk Manager can access it and GPT(GUID Partition Table) is darkened in (MBR is not) I might have some that but don't know/remember... sorry. When I left click it and try to initialize it, another smaller window (VIRTUAL DISK MANAGER) shows "Data error (cyclic redundancy check). When I right click it again and go to "PROPERTIES" a bigger window shows "Seagate BUP Slim Disk Device Properties) and the device status shows "This device is working properly." "Driver Version" is 10.0.18362.1 Microsoft Windows. The next problem (and I have ZERO idea if they are connected in any way and that's why I am asking for help with both of them here) is that I was watching Netflix on the laptop, (using my cell phone hot spot) and all of a sudden no more video. I tried and tried but nothing. I COULD/CAN watch it on my phone so I concluded that it WASN'T Netflix. So with my laptop DEFINITELY CONNECTED to the internet NO browsers will work. I again tried and read and asked and watched video after video but nothing. Please help me and again please understand that I DON'T understand a LOT that you might believe one to know....so I BEG you....go slow and in detail as I'm lucky i'm able to turn it on.????.
Thank you VERY *VERY* ***VERY*** MUCH (in advance......if you help (of course????)
Michael (and kids)
Forgot something.....I read that the passed bunch of Windows Updates were bad and to UNinstall the most recent ones. Inl UNinstalled about 5 and the last one said it all could NOT be UNinstalled. So I guess that now (*I*) now made THREE problems......????

1 response

GeekPeek Posts 115 Registration date Tuesday June 30, 2020 Status Member Last seen June 30, 2021 40
Updated on Jul 2, 2020 at 02:26 AM
I strongly advise not to follow its advice to initialize it at once, as it will erase the drive data in which you have stored.

You’d better take the following solutions to avoid data loss.

• Reconnect Disk
• Update Disk Drivers
• Uninstall & Reinstall Disk
• Reinstall All USB Controllers
• Edit Registry Values
• Initialize Drive & Recover Data (https://www.partitionwizard.com/help/data-recovery.html)

For Netflix stopped on your laptop but working with your mobile phone, I'll firstly check internet connection. Restarting your laptop will actually often fix a faulty app or system problem.