Can't unlock the volume limit on my iPod Classic

-
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
-
Hi i cant unlock the volume limit on my ipod classic. I dont have the combination, is there an easy way i can do this...please

2 replies

Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
Hi,

You can try removing the volume limit passcode. Connect your iPod to your PC, start iTunes and let it sync your music. Next, go to File Explorer > This PC and open your iPod's folder.

In the File Explorer window, select View and check the Hidden items option. Now delete the volumelocked file. You can find it in iPod > iPod Control > Device.

Once done, disconnect your iPod and restart it. Then you can set the volume limit to maximum.
Thankyou so much for your suggestion I did exactly what you wrote and sadly it was to no avail. Thanks anyway ...do you know of another way ?
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
November 27, 2020
Check with iTunes to see if there's an option that enable the maximum volume limit.

If you can't find it, I suggest you try different combinaison like 0000, 1111, 2222, or 1234 etc... Some users have successfully unlocked the limit by trying these codes.

As a last resort, back up your music and try to factory reset your iPod to remove the code.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!