-
Registration date
Thursday May 22, 2014
Status
Last seen
January 20, 2022
-
Hello,

I just used Disk Part, cleaned HDD to rid bitlocker and recovery issue (no key). I'm attempting to install Windows 10 on my system, now the issue is no drives found on computer and no signed device drivers were found in installation media. The hdd is detected in BIOS. Tried to use an external drives but error msg pops up no usb drives are accepted.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 96.0.4664.110

2 replies

Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
January 20, 2022
Hi,

Check if the hard drive is initialized. Open Disk Management and if the hard drive in question appears "Unallocated", right-click on it and do the following.

Select New Simple Volume > Next. If the specified volume size suits you, click Next. Assign the drive letter, then format the hard drive to NTFS.
Registration date
Thursday May 22, 2014
Status
Last seen
January 20, 2022
Hi,

Using the diskpart command to clean the drive might turn your hard disk file system into unallocated. When hard disk drives turn into the RAW format, they become invisible in file explorer.

To make your drives accessible again, just follow the below steps.

1. Go to disk management.
2. You will see the unallocated drives, just to right-click on it
3. Select create a new volume, after this, you will see another window asking you to assign a drive letter
4. Just select the drive letter and follow to next step, which will format your drive to the default file system

Now exit the disk management window, and you will see the drives again.