Can't log in to Facebook because Code Generator fails

Solved/Closed
Basp343 Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday April 19, 2022 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2022 - Apr 19, 2022 at 12:50 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Jun 12, 2023 at 01:58 PM
When I try to log into my fb account on desktop I need to get the code from the Code Generator on the mobile app which I can't get because I can't log in there either because I don't have a 3rd party authentication app and I don't have the recovery codes. When I don't fill in the code it asks me to 'try another way' which it doesn't give me, it only explains where I can find the Code Generator or use a browser where I am logged in.. It also says that it will re-send an sms which I don't get. I do receive sms for changing the password.
What can I do???
It all started when I got logged out every 10 minutes. Once I got logged out of the phone I was stuck.
Can anyone help me???
Thank you
Related:

24 responses

Hi! I am having the same problem as you guys!! Can’t get my profile back… are there any updates regarding this? Did one of you managed to recover their Facebook account? 

Pennickledime
Sep 7, 2022 at 08:03 PM

Same problem. Get all the way thru to upload ID and it won't upload. I've cleared caches, reinstalled, turned off extensions, used 3 different browsers and an imac,ipad, iphone, and a laptop. Ridiculous.

Completely true. I had already Google Authenticator installed on my phone but can’t just get a code if you are not logged in

abg1777 Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 20, 2023 Status Member Last seen March 20, 2023
Updated on Mar 20, 2023 at 06:36 PM

I'm in the same boat. Asking me for a login code from a code generator that I don't have and have never used. Only giving me one option to authenticate. When I go to my mobile app and go to code generator I get an error when I click activate. I'm also the sole owner of a business manager and have lost all access to my client accounts. If I don't get it back I'll lose my business. Has anyone found a solution? Facebook has been no help at all. 

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Apr 19, 2022 at 05:28 PM
Hi,

If you don't receive the Facebook code, try these methods. Otherwise, I invite you to take a look at this similar topic regarding login issues due to the login code generator.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Got the solution!! 

Download Google authenticator and use the code generated from google authenticator for Facebook to login. Voila!

You will still need to log in first  to get the QR  code..

cburun > Basp343
Jul 21, 2022 at 05:50 AM

Nope.. I did not login anywhere.. 

Mame91 > cburun
Aug 12, 2022 at 05:55 AM

Could you please confirm you were able to generate the code for Facebook? I'm asked to either "Scan a QR code" or "Enter a setup key" and none of them could work if I can't login to Facebook

Pennickledime
Sep 7, 2022 at 08:04 PM

If you can't log in you can't GET a qr code.