Inspiron 1525 keeps shutting down.

Closed
anonymous - Oct 6, 2009 at 01:28 AM
 ken - Jul 14, 2010 at 11:51 PM
Hello,
Yeah I have no idea which forum to put this under but my Inspiron 1525 dell laptop always shuts down. Last week, my laptop had a virus and so I re-formatted the computer. The drivers were installed successfully, i even updated my BIOS because Dell Support Center warned me to. And then it shut down after over heating. It used to shut down before re-formatting as well but not every day like now. It used shut down on very very rare occassions. Before I read this forum (after re-formatting), it shut down around once every 2 days and felt really hot at the bottom on the laptop. I read here that it was because of overheating and that I needed to clean the fan. So I did. But now, it shuts down every day around 3 times. And this time it doesn't feel hot at the bottom.
Please help, I can't call technical support, my warranty ended in May this year (2009).
So my problem is that my Dell Inspiron 1525 shuts down even on the welcome screen sometimes but mostly as soon as I sign into my account and open ONE thing whether it be "Windows Explorer" to find a file or "Mozilla Firefox" to find a website.

1 response

buy another laptop