Blue Screen

Closed
cabbie - Nov 25, 2009 at 08:52 AM
 Joe - Dec 7, 2009 at 07:06 PM
Hello,
Need help with blue screen message: "A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER." I am not real experienced with the workings of the computer- This is my husbands computer and he has alot of documents that he needs for reports that are due on Monday 11-30-09 ** I know , I know he should have back these files up - but my question is :
1. How can we get his computer up and running again?
2. If we do get it running ( he does use Norton Anti-virus ) again can we down load his files and use them on another computer without it giving this virus to the other computer ?

Thanks
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM
You can remove the hard drive from the computer and purchase a external hard drive adapter. You can then put the drive into the adapter and use it on another computer to read the documents. You will not infect the second computer using this method. In fact, it may not be a virus problem at all.

Good Luck
Do you have the error code? If you just installed a program, the driver that runs that program might now have updated properly. Try updating your drivers. Blue screens are rarely caused by viruses, it's more internal.