Computer shutting off randomly/weird sounds [Solved/Closed]

Sevensixtyseven 3 Posts Saturday December 5, 2009Registration date December 6, 2009 Last seen - Dec 6, 2009 at 02:07 AM - Latest reply: Ambucias 53206 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 16, 2018 Last seen
- Jul 19, 2010 at 06:06 AM
Hello,

I have a new HP desktop computer (5 months old). I haven't had problems with it until recently. A few days ago, it started making really weird noises. Also, at random times it would just shut off without warning. I opened it up, cleaned all the fans and everything off and all the dust was gone. Then, the PC worked fine for 2 days. After the 2 days, it's gotten worse. The sounds are still there, and the PC only runs for about 30 secs - 1 minute after I turn it on. When I cleaned the fans off, I checked to make sure they were working properly and they were..so it can't really be an overheating issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
See more 

5 replies

Sevensixtyseven 3 Posts Saturday December 5, 2009Registration date December 6, 2009 Last seen - Dec 6, 2009 at 11:02 AM
Thank you
I was thinking of trying to fix it myself before taking it into a computer tech, but I guess you're right.

Thanks for your help
Sevensixtyseven 3 Posts Saturday December 5, 2009Registration date December 6, 2009 Last seen - Dec 6, 2009 at 02:56 PM
Thank you
Hey

Just earlier, I opened the side up.. then turned the PC on so I can see what's going on inside. The two big fans are working properly.. the video card fan has trouble spinning. Then it stops spinning completely..seconds later the PC shuts off. Also the sounds and vibrations seem to be coming from the video card as well.. So the video card if the problem then?

Thanks
Thank you
Same thing is happening with mine at the moment. Just a few days ago I checked the fans and they were working just fine , it wasn't overheating. I dont wanna open it up because im not a computer technician and im scared that I might break something.

Anybody have an idea of what the problem is? Or what a possible problem is?

P.S - sometimes the screen just turns black and the drive is still on and running , occasionally it'll start making a long beeping sound. When I am able to use it everything is fine and running properly.
Ambucias 53206 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 16, 2018 Last seen - Jul 19, 2010 at 06:06 AM
Thank you
MsTgirl,

There is no doubt that you have a technical problem with your hardware. You must take in to a technician for repair.

Regards
iveal 2802 Posts Thursday May 14, 2009Registration date September 28, 2010 Last seen - Dec 6, 2009 at 02:58 AM
Thank you
Dear Sir,

This could be caused from overheating of the tower. If there

is any warranty on the computer, please send it to the store.

Otherwise, send it for repair to a computer technician. This

can cause other hardware components to get damaged.

Thank you.