Touchpad Scroll Doesn't Work Solution:
I have an HP G series. Spoke with HP and followed these steps:
1. Remove all things plugged into the computer, including the power source.
2. Remove the battery also.
3. Press the power button and hold for at least 30 sec.
4. Replace battery and power source and restart computer.
5. click start and type in "Recovery" without the quotations in the start search programs and files bar at the bottom left of the screen.
2. Seletct "Recovery Manager." Allow whatever security that pops up.
3. Click next if necessary on a nearly blank screen with a few lines of wording (sorry didn't read it), then click Hardward Drivers in the first window selection, click next.
4. Select the driver that coincides with touchpad, ie, "Synaptic PS/2 Port Touchpad..." wait for it to finish, then click Finish.:) Restart computer.
Woolah! It scrolls, yeah!!!:)