No sound

Closed
j8ment - Sep 4, 2008 at 04:54 AM
bitcomet Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday September 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2009 - Sep 4, 2008 at 09:03 AM
Hello,
Hey I have a Gateway 7330GZ with a Avance AC'97 sound device. I just installed Windows xp pro and now the audio won't work. At first it said no sound device and I couldn't even get volume control to work, after I reinstalled the driver for it, everything looks to be working but still no sound, no system sound, no music, nothing. I have followed about every suggestion on multiple forms but still can't get the audio to work. My last thought is that the speakers were not reconnected after I had my laptop repaired, but even headphones won't work. I've done the windows trouble shooting, and followed every suggestion on every forum I could find, windows update, gateway, and Avance all seem to be useless websites for this issue, i got the new driver from CNET and it looks as if its working, its just still no sound. Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this issue.

Thanks
j8ment
Related:

1 response

bitcomet Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday September 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2009 2
Sep 4, 2008 at 09:03 AM
im almost sure about something.

when you are installing the driver there is a pop up which comes and asks you to automatically search for the drivers i think your error could have been there. when you receive this window when installing the driver do not click on next just let the softare finishes the installation and do not click on next when you receive the window.

for the time being what i would tell you is to uninstall the current driver and then reinstall it using the software and not windows search for it

hope it will help you