Wirless connects but internet doesnt load

Closed
daynkuby - Jan 17, 2010 at 04:36 AM
 daynkuby - Jan 17, 2010 at 06:57 PM
Hello,
hi i am having a problem with my laptop connecting to the internet. i just bought a used dell inspiron 1100 it has a fresh install of windows xp home. i tried the wireless internet when i bought it and it worked great.i have a linskys router at my home. all the other laptops and my ps3 work fine on the internet just this one doesnt connect to the internet. it pics up my router with a very strong signal. i have the security on the router disabled and it still doesnt work. when i hook up the laptop directly with a wire the internet works fine. when i try to go on the internet it says cannot find server or dns error. any help would be very appreciated as i am not the best with computers. you can even e mail me if you want to help Daynkuby@yahoo.com. thank you in advance.
dayn

3 responses

jeshmal4u Posts 36 Registration date Saturday November 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2011 31
Jan 17, 2010 at 04:43 AM
I am not so clear with it.. Anyway reinstall the driver software and try again friend..
sorry to sound dumb but i dont know that much about computers. what do you meen by reinstall the driver software and try again. do you mean the software for the wireless card in the laptop? the CARD PICS UP THE WIRELESS SIGNAL VERY WELL IT JUST DOESNT LOAD THE INTERNET BROWSER. IT WORKS FINE WHEN HOOKED UP WITH A WIRE STRAIGHT TO THE MODEM THO. it also worked fine when it was on somebody elses wireless signal. thanks for any help.
Dayn
i tried re installing the wireless card and the software for it and its still doing the same thing. please help!!