ERROR 0200: Failure Fixed Disk 0

Closed
Nic - Sep 23, 2008 at 08:16 AM
melnisson Posts 12 Registration date Saturday August 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2009 - Sep 23, 2008 at 01:38 PM
Hello, Need Help
I have an ACER Aspire 3050 laptop. I am getting this message "ERROR 0200: Failure Fixed Disk 0" and . I fthought it was an HDD issue so I got a new one. I replaced it but the message remained. at times it boots and when you are using it, it hungs and later on shows a blue screen of a corrupt OS.
What could be causing this ?
Related:

1 response

melnisson Posts 12 Registration date Saturday August 30, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2009 4
Sep 23, 2008 at 01:38 PM
hello,

well I would also tell you about the hard disk but then you tell me that you have already change it so cant be this device which is causing it but im thinking about the cable which connects your hard disk to your motherboard but usually for laptops it is directly onboard the cable means that the hard disk connects directly in the pins and if this is the case for your laptop then I would advice you to get the advice of an IT professional in order to be sure if the motherboard has to be replaced but beware dude motherboards for laptops are much expensive..

see you