Macbook pad makes weird clicking noise?

Closed
Penelope - Mar 16, 2010 at 09:30 AM
 mc2104 - Nov 16, 2010 at 02:14 PM
Hello,

I purchased a macbook about 6 months ago, no problems and its been doing great for me so far. While it works fine otherwise, when I click on the mousepad sometimes, there is a weird clicking noise. It only happens when I press on a certain part maybe 50% of the time, but it worries me because it sounds like something got stuck in there and I keep moving it around.

What should I do with this issue? Is it true that I can remove the top of my keyboard with the macbook to clean it? Or should I just geeksquad it?

- Penelope

2 responses

Mattsegura Posts 24 Registration date Saturday March 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 22, 2010 1
Mar 17, 2010 at 07:27 PM
The clicking is not any loose part or anything to worry about, when you click it sometimes the part that connects the button to the macbook just retracts wrong.
I have the same. It is clicking somewhere on the pad. It happens even if i press the area next to the pad.
I am experiencing the SAME exact problem! It just started making the noise today, and I purchased by Macbook Pro in December. Did you take it the GeekSquad? I'm worried because I had a PC before this, and even though it's not a functionality issue, I am worried that it's a sign of deterioration. What did you do?