Router IP address problem, I think?

Closed
rox - Oct 10, 2008 at 01:08 AM
virageviraj Posts 13 Registration date Thursday August 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 - Oct 10, 2008 at 09:23 AM
Hello,

When I try to view TV episodes through the abc.com website, a screen pops up telling me that "only US residents can view full episodes". The problem is that I AM a US resident! I tried to access the same episodes on my school campus (I have a laptop), it seemed to work. At home, I reset my cable modem and wireless router, but still get the same message.

I then connected my modem directly to the laptop, and it worked. So, I'm assuming that the IP address in my router might be the problem. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone else? How can I get the internet to 'realize' that I am in the US? I cannot call the router's technical assistance line because they want to charge me $30 just to talk to someone.

Thanks very much for any ideas!

btw, I have a Mac and the router brand is Hawking Technology.

1 response

virageviraj Posts 13 Registration date Thursday August 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 3
Oct 10, 2008 at 09:23 AM
hey there,

i think that the problem is coming form your regional settings.

in the control panel and in the regional settings just change that from there and set it to us

hope it will help you