Cannot connect to internet

Closed
Tomkat - Mar 30, 2010 at 06:36 AM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Apr 3, 2010 at 08:20 AM
i have a msi gx630, i have been in afghanistan for awhile now, since i have returned just for a short time. my problem is i cannot connect to the internet, only the wireless router for some reason shows im connected to the network a red "x" on the internet line. i have tried entering the ip address i have tried moving my laptop away from interference, i have tried restarting with wireless button still on, i have three laptops in the house only two can connect via wireless... the msi can only connect through lan cable
any ideas or know how to fix this problems my fellow citizens????!!!!

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Apr 3, 2010 at 08:20 AM
Does your router have any security settings that would prevent your laptop connecting. Ie wap, wep settings. you would need the correct key for your laptop to connect to it.

is the router setup as a dhcp.(dishing out ip addresses) if so, have you checked your laptop is on the same subnet

try runing ipconfig from a cmd window. what comes up?

http://blogntech.com/download-msi-gx630-vista-and-xp-drivers.html