My Linksys WRT54G wont work

Closed
Evan - Mar 30, 2010 at 05:02 PM
 Evan - Mar 30, 2010 at 05:09 PM
I have a linksys wrt54g v8 and i have done all the basic steps to fix it... and more. I tried cloning mac address and changing settings left and right and it wont work, but i'll start from the beginning. I have had the router for a little over two years i believe. a few months ago it started dropping the connection every few hours, but i could simply unplug and replug the power cord and it would then work fine. Recently, however, the wireless doesnt work at all, at least with my macbook, PS3, and ipod touch. My mother claims that it works fine with her Dell and that she can access the internet. I can connect to the router with a superb signal, but with my devices it wont relay the internet. My mac works with my (University) neighbor and it can connect to the internet, and it also works fine when wired to the router and i can ping the router wirelessly, but i cant get the internet to work wirelessly. I have spent too long using shotty internet in secluded parts of my home that i steal from the university. Please help me, its driving me insane!

1 response

I have also successfully pinged the router