Restore factory settings

Solved/Closed
danielle :) - Oct 17, 2008 at 04:25 PM
 chickenjones44 - Jan 27, 2013 at 04:00 PM
Hello, I have a compaq laptop/notbook with windows vista home premium installedon it. Does anyone know how I can restore my laptop to factory settings so it will be the same as when I 1st bought it?

Any help would be great

Thankies
Related:

50 responses

hey I just did on my dell 1501 press f8 nothing did it again boom took me to the restore option
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Oct 18, 2008 at 05:46 AM
Hello,
What is the Compaq model ?
Best regards
its a dell demension c521 call me if you can at 7026855177
IT IS A COMPAQ NX6110 AND I NEED TO RESTORE FACTORY SETTING
chandu > meli35
Jun 10, 2009 at 06:46 AM
Mobile model number nokia 2310 model
iam sendng msgs ,but its sending failed ..
as I got infrmation factory restore number is 12345 if I had updated its not accepting the code.
now wat shall I do.
iam waiting for u reply as soon as possible
binbin_711 > meli35
Nov 11, 2009 at 02:09 AM
why my computer doesnt have dell factory image restore
1/f8
2/repair ur computer
5/username
6/click dell factory image restore <--------------my computer dont have it,why?
paul > binbin_711
Jan 14, 2010 at 10:56 AM
hello, I tried the f8 thing and I hav pressed the repair button on the list and when I hit that it starts as it should for the repair mode destructive setting but then my computer just restarts itself without even loading the full destructive recovery program up and just load windows how it was before I pressed the f8 nothing had changed
can someone please help me. I dont understand why it won't work because ive dont the f8 thing before and its worked fine it just won't work this time
I recently restored the factory settings on my hp laptop, but only the core components of vista seem have to been installed; it can not remember prefrences, settings, install updates; etc. anyone know how to fix this?
Hi, what do I do to restore my computer if it is older than a 2004 I have tried all the cntr and alt and all the f keys nothing works please help
To use the restore, does the computer has to be a Dell?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i am using iphone 3G. it was running on firmware 3.0 which I had jailbroken however I accidentally restored my iphone into factory setting. and it is in emergency mode. the itunes and the iphone both are asking for a valid sim to activate the phone however im not using ATnt or ny other network supported officially by apple. how do I bring back my phone back to normal so I can use it again. plz reply asap. thank you for your cooperation
riaanm Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 27, 2009
Jul 27, 2009 at 09:36 PM
u can follow this link here is a tech search engine
you can search and research on any Tech Topic with ease
http://doiop.com/0p4m6m
put your query here and use drop down section
ssgmike Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday August 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2009 6
Aug 13, 2009 at 01:27 PM
personally if you never made a restore cd then what you should do, in fact even if you make a restore cd is go to the HP webstie support and order a restore cd. Just got mine a year after I bought my system, due to system is starting to act funky so better be safe then sorry. Besides the ordered media will have everything which came with your system
if you show errors go into bios (restart, push esc)go into boot section turn off hard drive,restart pc,run recovery disk,when error comes up again resart pc, go back into bios turn on hard drive, run the rest of restore should work if it does, and should send comment to toshiba lay off the drugs or quit ripping people off.
yes I'm po'd I 've had tech's telling me I need a new hard drive,motherboard pretty much a new pc and my uneducated computer azz geek figured it out without buying anything. usually caused by lack of
nothing is rite yall dont know how I need to know how set my dell windows vista back to the way I got it when I bought it at best buy it aint sytem restore eitheir I just want to make my computher back to were their wasn't nothing on it .help please
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Nov 30, 2009 at 07:34 PM
Try F8 during the boot. Then follow the instructions.

Good Luck
Blocked Profile
Nov 30, 2009 at 07:11 PM
Hello, all you want to search,

this in this website has everything, I always find it all here

https://www.000webhost.com/migrate?static=true

Greetings to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello. I did the F8 thing, & I got it to work. When it asked for the Administrators password, I didn't know it, so I guessed a possibility. I clicked ok & it froze. I waited for about 20 minutes & still nothing so I restarted it. Now when I hit F8 at the start up screen, it says a disk read error occurred. hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart. I restart & repeat the process & still the same message. How can I fix this? You've been a great help!
I have a gateway windows vista
notebook the hard-drive was reformatted and it do not have the restore partition,I am unable to restore the factory settings
Hey, I have a Windows Vista Hp. I can't find where I can reboot it, I tried the system restore but it wouldnt let me. I also tried to go to f10, but that didnt work either cause I couldnt find where I can reboot it. Please help me?
might be a fried CPU... gonna have to either take it apart n look or get it looked at by the place u bought it from
- gluck
diggdugged Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2010
Feb 12, 2010 at 10:32 AM
ok here is the problem!
trying to fix a friends dell 1525 laptop, I went to restore to factory defaults and forgot the battery
was very low, shut off in the middle of the restore process. so now can't do that again?
I did some research and downloaded a iso image/burned it of a rescuecd, went through the
steps it told me to do, mounted windows in linux shell, then rm -rf a directory/file?
and umounted windows again, then rebooted and tried the factory restore, but just kicked me back to
the repair screen.
Any solutions please???
diggdugged Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2010
Feb 12, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Okay adding to this:
When I went to try and repair the startup, I was able to view some of the messages(errors)
and one was saying "the operating system is incompatible with the current version of
startup repair"

So I was talking to someone I know about who knows about computers/etc.
He seems to think(maybe right?) that the Winvista on it now is not the windows that
was on it when it was shipped @Dell
I have a compaq cq40 108tu I can't seem to reboot the system it only stays on the compaq logo sign the one where a message show pree esc to enter startup....and we tried pressing it but we only got a beep...
then I tried holding down the del and it also did not work please help me...thanks
My sons Acer 5920 laptop developed a virus.
On reinstalling with my made recovery disks I deleted all partions on the drive (all the hidden ones to- Don't ask!!)
Is there anyway of reinstalling the partitions to the origional configeration?
Only other hastle I have now, is the machine does not recognise the HDD is installed.
I spoke to Acers support but they were about as much help as a kick in the teeth.
All what they wanted to do was (A) SEND THEM THE MACHINE AT THE COST OF £59 SO THEY COULD LOOK AT THE MACHINE AND IF THEY FOUND AN ISSUE THE REPAIR WOULD BE EXTRA. (B) BUY THE ORIGIONAL FACTORY DISKS OFF THEM FOR £50.
They would not answer my question when I asked what the difference was between the back up disks I made and the ones they want to sell me, nor would they answer when I asked if these factory disks would partion the HDD to origional factory config.

Any Help would be welcome.
fuck you thankies
when you restore your computer beacuse it had a virus how do you make everything smaller