My computer keeps freezing

Closed
ghote - Jul 14, 2010 at 05:17 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 15, 2010 at 07:11 AM
Hello, after i start a game (mount and blade as it is the only one installed) my computer will freeze within a few minutes. i am not sure why it happened as it was fine in the past. it is only after i upgraded my computer. i have already tried reintalling the driver for my graphics card but to no avail any help pls?
spec:(i am not good at computers so i will it out as many as i know)
1gb ram
windows xp sp2
nvidia geforce 6200 + appropriate driver
thats all i know.

5 responses

Hi ghote,

did you try on other games or its only the particular game that will hang.Cheers,
umm so far i tried brothers in arms as well and it froze as well so i guess all somewhat graphic intensive games would freeze my computer. i checked the fan aswell and its working fine so im not sure whats wrong
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jul 15, 2010 at 05:40 AM
Greetings to all,

To play a graphic demanding game, usually 1gb ram is sufficient but the memory must often be refreshed.

I experienced the same issue and this is how I solved it:

1. Ensure that there are no other applications running, even in the background. (Those who start at boot time)

2. Ensure that your graphic card can support the perticular games you want to play.

3. New drivers for graphic cards are often issued and they must be updated.

Regards
ok i just checked the recommended specs of the the game

Intel Processor - Pentium 4 2.0GHz
AMD Processor - Athlon XP 2000+
Nvidia Graphics Card - Geforce FX 5600 XT
ATI Graphics Card - Radeon X600 Series
RAM Memory - 0.5 GB
Hard Disk Space - 0.7 GB
Direct X - 9

my graphics and ram definitely meet the recommended . as for point 1, i am not sure what programmes to close as i only have things like my avg antivirus on. for point 3 im sorry but i dont really understand what you mean. according to the nvidia site where i downloaded the driver from, it should be correct as it says driver for geforce 6x series and my graphics card is nvidia geforce 6200.

Help is much appreciated

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jul 15, 2010 at 07:11 AM
Hi Ghote,

To ensure you do not have unnecessary application running in the background, I invite you to download and install this simple but very handy little tool from Malwarebyte.org called "Startuplite". Just follow the simple procedures:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

Ensure to go back and see if there are new driver updates for your graphic cards.

Last, not often, but sometimes removing the card and cleaning the card and slot with compressed air may help.

Catch you later