Dv6000 no display but pixelated VGA out.

Closed
bennyboytx - Jul 17, 2010 at 02:58 PM
 bennyboytx - Jul 23, 2010 at 11:42 AM
Hello,

I'm having trouble with my dv6375. I have read all the posts & solutions with the common no display problem for dv6000 series but none of these have worked. The laptop was just siting idle yesterday when i moved the mouse to wake up the monitor, click to open firefox, and as i was just reading the screen, monitor went off...and didn't come back. Shut down, restart, and blank screen. The lights come on and the screen is backlit, but that's it, hard drive spins & etc, no display.

SOLUTIONS I HAVE TRIED:

-Power off, unplug, hold power button for 30ish seconds, wash rinse repeat...nothing
-Remove HDD & RAM, put in one ram stick only, try the other...nothing.
-Plug VGA out into other monitor. success?

When booted up, I can access the BIOS menu and windows recovery tools using this external monitor, only catch is there is either pink or blue pixelated strips and squares everywhere and only comfirms thats its the GPU problem. If i tell it to just start windows normally, I see a faint pixelated windows starting up bar, and then both monitors are blank (no sound). I practically already took this thing apart so if the re-flow of the GPU isn't that hard of a procedure I'm sure i could do it with detailed visual instructions. But i still need ideas. Is a virus boot scan worth doing?

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 23, 2010 at 05:29 AM
Dear Bennyboytx,

Please confirm whether the problem is not coming from your graphic card or its driver or even its motherboard.

Thanks in advance.
Turned out to be a combination of a GPU fail and an AVG update gone bad. Had to uninstall AVG through Safe mode, then dissemble the laptop and reflow the GPU with a heat gun. problem solved.