My external hard disk would not be reconized.

Closed
Ravi - Dec 4, 2008 at 10:13 PM
 Sorth - Oct 24, 2009 at 04:07 AM
Hello,
I brought a new 1 TB seagate free-agent external hard drive. I connected it to my laptop which runs windows VISTA.
when i connected it for the first time, there was no problem in my laptop recognizing it or its ( wotever installation if you call it so ). so I transfered all my data as a back from my laptop ( aprx abt 100gb) to the new hard drive, and even double checked it on the new hard drive and everything was fine. later i disconnected the hard drive via the SAFELY remobe hardware. Later after abt half an hour I tried connecting back the hard drive to my same laptop, but it would not just show up. i tried everything liek trying to restart my system, connecting and disconnecting my external hard drive, changing the connecting USB cable, tried on different systems ( vista, XP) but the it would just not work( but the light on the hard drive does glow up). I ve noticed that for teh first few mintues( say 5-10 mins) there is some kind of slight sound from the hard drive Now all the data is on this hard drive and i am lost. I cannot affrord a data recovery options as its very expensive.
so i was just praying and hoping that someone could please help me out of this mess. Can someone out there please help me .

Regards.
Ravi.
Related:

2 responses

humanarcade Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2009
Aug 24, 2009 at 11:20 AM
Hello Ravi

I think your hard drive has got damaged. My friend also had the same problem and it was due to the faulty USB port. If this is the problem, please visit to your service center and get it resolved and I am really sorry to say that if your hard drive is faulty, there is no other means than replacing it. If this is under warranty, meet them and tell them that you have got important data there and need to recover it. Probably, them may help you.

regards
Humanarcade
Hi Ravi, did you manage to recover your data? I've also got a Seagate Freeagent Extreme 1.5TB which has started making odd noises and won't boot. Rang Seagate who said it sounded like it was broken. It is under warranty so they will give me a new drive, but I have to pay for the data recovery, which doesn't sound fair, but there you are. I hope you got your data back and if so, would appreciate knowing how you did it.

best, Sorth