Toshiba will not show screen...

Closed
Elaina - Dec 8, 2008 at 11:19 AM
igor106 Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2010 - Jan 13, 2010 at 01:55 PM
Hello,
I guess its many of us that are all having the same problem. I did'nt even have the laptop an entire year before it happened to mine. I have a toshiba. I first realized that during when I was actually able to turn my computer on sometimes the screen would just freeze up with what it looked like scan lines all through it and the only way for it to go away was for me to restart it. No, it does not even come on at all but all the lights come on. The blue around the power lights... the lights on the front that says it's charging...but nothing even happens or shows up on the screen when I do turn it on...I hear the fan for a minute then it quits..I've tried taking it to getting looked at no solutions..So before I officially give up...can anyone give me ANY suggestions that could possibly help me out with this computer?
Related:

2 responses

Hi,

I have an old XP Toshiba laptop that used to do the same thing.

Does it sound as though its booted at all? Do you get a little jingle as though its loaded? If so it may just be your screen has gone (what happened to mine).

Try plugging a screen into the AV out and see if it loads up from there.
Hi Andy!
Thank you so much for responding. Yes I have tried to plug it into another monitor even however still nothing. I don't recall hearing any jingles though.
igor106 Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 13, 2010 1
Jan 13, 2010 at 01:55 PM
This is a known issue with Toshiba and some HP laptops. I had the exact same problem with my m35, and worked on it for over a year until I managed to repair the motherboard. It's actually a simple trick of resoldering the power regulating chip. Here's the step by step illustrated guide http://imateski.blogspot.com/2008/08/toshiba-satellite-m35x-motherboard.html in case if you haven't thrown your Toshiba away. :)