Acer Aspire M1640 no signal. [Solved/Closed]

r0ck3t0wn3r 1 Posts Sunday August 1, 2010Registration date August 1, 2010 Last seen - Aug 1, 2010 at 01:10 AM - Latest reply:  LeedsTek computers
- Jul 15, 2016 at 08:30 AM
Hello,

Ok my acer aspire m1640 has no display on the screen.It just says "no signal" and the computer doesn't boot but it powers on and the USB mouse gets power but not the USB keyboard so I can't get into safe mode.I had to reinstall windows 7 after a BSOD because of installing trend micro internet security.When it was near the end of the install it had to reboot but it didn't so I force reboot it and then it said no signal.

i've also reset the Cmos numerous time but to no avail.

I'm not sure if it matters but during the install,It was detecting video drivers and it went to a no signal screen and I thought it froze so I force reboot it.

See more 

6 replies

Best answer
smartsphere - Aug 11, 2010 at 07:39 AM
Thank you
Thank you for contacting Acer America. I'll be happy to assist you with this issue.

From your mail, I understand that your system has an issue regarding boot up.

I have verified your serial number and found that your system is out of warranty.

I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

Please perform a power reset in order to resolve the issue.

1)Unplug the power cable from the back of the unit.
2)Press and hold the power button on the unit for 30 seconds.
3)Release the power button and plug the power cord back into the back of the unit.
4)Press the power button and see if the unit powers up.

To resolve the issue, If you are interested, we can pull your computer for depot repair. However the system is out of warranty , we are extremely sorry to inform that Acer cannot give warranty advantages. That means you will have to pay for the repair . The cost for repairs will be 199$ USD. Please note that you have to pay one-way shipping charge for making a depot repair.

If you are ready for Depot Repair please confirm it in your reply mail.

For further clarifications please feel free to visit our web site http://support.acer.com/

Have a great day!

Respectfully,
Acer America
Online Technical Support

Thank you, smartsphere 8

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1795 users this month

drlootle 849 Posts Monday July 12, 2010Registration date October 11, 2010 Last seen - Aug 1, 2010 at 01:38 AM
Thank you
Hi there,

Start by removing the graphic card and clean it,then if improvement get it changed and provide more information with other issues having on system .

Thanks
petersteel2 1 Posts Monday September 22, 2014Registration date September 22, 2014 Last seen - Sep 22, 2014 at 02:40 AM
Thank you
This aspire m1640 built with a very bad motherboard, it's a piece of crap and I believe that Acer marketed this PC series with a crappy MB to start with , discontented customers wont go back purchasing Acer products and I do not blame them.
They trow too many products on the market knowing it's a poor product to start with, poor evaluation and testing of their own products, they take the money and run away from supporting it.

Let stay away from ACER products by putting a few extra bucks for another brand that will last much longer than their poor components and same for their support and warranty.
Yes, I have the same problem! Never buy ACER
I will never buy acer again their PC laptops use to be good. Just poor quality now.
LeedsTek computers - Jul 15, 2016 at 08:30 AM
Try changing the bios battery its worked a few times for me ;)