Internet, HELP!

Closed
kk - Aug 4, 2010 at 04:10 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Aug 7, 2010 at 02:07 PM
Hello,

You see I just got a new laptop. Once I brung it home I connected it to the internet and it was working perfect. Then the next day I went to get the laptop and it said "no internet access." So I click "trouble shooting" and it told me to turn the router off for 10 seconds. If that didn't work then mash the reset button on the router. And I did both and its still not working?! When I clicked reset and came back to the computer it didn't have my mom's name as the router anymore. It was like "west and some numbers" did that like reset everything? Or what? So finally I got it connected to my computer the (west####) thing. But it says "unidentified network" and under that it says "no network access" then when you click the "west####" thing it says limited access with a full signal. But still cannot connect. What do I do? Do you know how to help me?

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 7, 2010 at 02:07 PM
Hello,

When you reset your router, it will clear all the settings that you have configured

in the router. Login into your router configurating page and check the SSID and

the security key etc

Also go to wireless properties in your laptop and check SSID and the security key,

it should match with your router's SSID and security key.

Good Luck.