No internet connection & other please help

Closed
Elle - Oct 4, 2010 at 09:33 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Oct 4, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Hello, My compud is a Hyundai / COMPAQ presario.
For some reason yesterday morning it froze so I decided to hold the button so it would switch off and when i turned it back on it came up with system boot error or something along those lines. I didnt know what to do because im not very good with computers so I pressed f10 and did what i thought was a back up of my files. When my computer finally turned on it was completely different. All of my stuff was gone and so were a lot of the newer applications like itunes and etc. I dont care about that right now but anyway the internet was an old version of internet explorer so i downloaded the newest version 8 and now the internet wont work. I have another computer which is used by other people in my family and a laptop that all connect to the same modem and now this computer wont find it. It keeps saying to dial up but I dont have dial up internet so Im very confused. If someone could help please and fast it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

2 responses

Oh and also ive tried a lot of suggestions in this forum and nothing seems to work..
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 4, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Hello,

Try this 1.

Click on Start --> Run --> Type cmd and press Enter. Command Prompt will be

opened. Now enter the below command.

ipconfig /all ----> Press Enter.

Make sure that IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers are

having addresses.

Try to ping to google by entering this command.

ping www.google.com ---> Press Enter.

You should get the reply from messages.

Right-click on the "Internet Explorer" icon --> Properties --> Click on "Connection"

tab --> Select the option "No Dial".

Then click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all the options, if you

notice any option selected.

Good Luck.