Need help fixing my internet problems

Closed
chino - Oct 19, 2010 at 11:11 AM
vishwanath.iyer Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2010 - Oct 21, 2010 at 06:04 AM
Hello,
why cant i browse the internet with my computer connection is good but, firefox says, firefox cant find the server at www.google.com. i have another computer on the same network and it seems to work fine. can some one please help me fix this problem.

Related:

2 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Oct 20, 2010 at 02:22 PM
static or dhcp ipaddress ?
Does your router allocate an ip address to the computers on your network?

you may need to check the ip address details are correct. sometimes the computer will default to a default ip address that is not on your network.

compare these details with another computer on your network.

May need a simple reboot of all your equipment.

power it all down.

starting with your internet modem then router then each computer.

allow time for each item to initialise and settle. usualy about 2 to 5 minutes for each item.

then try again.
Blocked Profile
Oct 20, 2010 at 05:26 PM
Hi ,

Try also to delete private data by pressing ctrl+shift+del ,refresh browser after it or restart.

Good luck
vishwanath.iyer Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 21, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2010
Oct 21, 2010 at 06:04 AM
the problem is with your computer internet explorer , try to ping yahoo.com , see weather it gives reply or not

than go to command prompt and check with tools c:>ipconfig /all

see what is there in dns : ?.?.?.?

may be our explorer is unable to find dns server

try this command in command prompt

ipconfig /flushdns