Computer shuts off when i connect to internet

Closed
00dannyboy - Jan 1, 2009 at 12:42 PM
 manu - Apr 10, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Hello,

My computer shuts down instantly when i atempt to connect to the internet. I've got an E-machine w/Windows XP, a D-link Air wireless adapter and Norton antivirus.

I have perfomrmed a full system scan and found no viruses but I can not update my norton either because of the problem. could a virus be preventing internet connectivity? Or could norton be shutting down the computer because of attempted internet connectivity?

cheers,

dan

2 responses

ocean_85 Posts 9 Registration date Tuesday January 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2009 2
Jan 17, 2009 at 02:58 AM
dude,

most probably YES....norton is not the most usable anti-virus these days....as it takes lot of memory and slows down

the system....try using Avira (home addition) or NOD32 (although Trial is available on net...but its very good..as take

minimum memory, hence highly effective)....as ur internet is not working...u will hav to get these antiviruses from

outside. also use malware bytes....good against trojans etc.

http://ccm.net/telecharger/telecharger 105 malwarebytes anti malware
Same as message title - THANK YOU !!! bf 5
am marketing guy into IT..i had this problem since yesterday...I reinstalled service pack 2 again and it works fine..hope works for u too..
I have the same problem. I uninstall the norton, but still get shut off when I want to conncet to the internet. I am also using windows XP and a D-link Air wireless adapter.

Kind Regards