My ipod wont turn on

Solved/Closed
someone - Jan 6, 2009 at 07:46 PM
 khkm - Nov 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I havent used my ipod in a long time and when I try and turn it on now it does nothing and I left plugged into the computer over night thinking it would charge but it still does nothing. what should I do to get it on again?

59 responses

omg! thnk you so much! I was freaking out when my ipod wasnt working bc all I do is listen to music. thkn u so much. holding the buttons together for approximately 30 sec worked! I owe u one :))
Thank you so much I thought that my itouch would never turn on, but I never would have tried what you showed use. Once again thank you I will always try that solution, and hopefully never have a problem with my itouch again, and if I do I will always check this wbsite.
THANKS ALOT IT WORKS UR A LIFE SAVER
Omg thank you, it turns On now But now my screen is Fuzzy And White (I think Water got into the crack on my screen So I am Now Tring To use My Streightners On my Ipod!)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
swap it for a new one
matthew big dog
Mar 28, 2010 at 03:33 PM
my ipod will only work whin I plug it up and when I unplug it it turns off and will not turn on
i didnt know what to do after my ipod locked on me while I was trying to use it and thanks to whoever said to hold the menu and middle button at the same time for 30 sec....omg that worked thanks so much....
Amazing! Thanks - I'm back in the tunes!
Going on holiday tomorrow and sons new ipod nano had no display, carried out your instructions and is working fine. Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, if your iPod will not turn on, there are only a few solutions.
-Plug it in and let it charge.
-Give a reboot (hold home button and sleep) till logo appears.
-If you jailbroke it, maybe it is in tethered loop recovery mode.
-Battery may be done, replace.
-If it shows white screen, hold down upper right corner of iPod.
These are some common solution to iPod problems.
If you need some help, let me know.
hi
my ipod touch second generation is not charging or turning on. I have tried to do a hard restore and no luck. any suggestions? I have an appt to talk to apple tomorrow but hoping that I can figure it out before.
thanks
hi have you tried to charge the ipod for an hour or updating your itunes
one might help
my itouvch wont turn on I tried all the steps
have you tried reseting it
or pluging it into your computer
or updateing your itunes
or gone to an apple store
or once this happend to me I left my ipod over night
in the morning it was fine but low battery
or try charging it for 4 hours

email me at Email Id removed for security if you want help
EternalNightmare
Mar 22, 2010 at 06:36 PM
Did you skip a step?
hi my name is yolanda and I have a question! when I turn my ipod on it's sometimes show's and sad ipod face what do I do in that case it never stay's charged and also it has not turn on since friday and last night I turned on but before that it was . what do I do to help it not feel sad because I love my ipod I got it for my birthday I can't let it go this is like giving up on life basely
i have a new 16gb ipod nano the one with out the camera, and it charges fine but I can only play a few songs then when I next try use it, its dead out of battery, I always think I leave it on but I dont. does it just have a really bad battery life? or am I doing something wrong?
I've just bought my Ipod 4th generation 8gb 2 days ago and it is already broken. I've tried resetting it about 50 times now and it wont budge.

thats a new record..Ipods only work for 2 days...WOW
hi sorry but most ipod problems can only be solved by reset

you could take it apple?
if anyone needs ipod help watch this video
here is a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hxe754oWw0

or if that didn't help email me halfun@mail.com
because it is hard to reply to the forum page

thanks byee
warehouse man
Feb 21, 2010 at 09:48 PM
i have an ipod touch with all the same problems it will not turn on and I charged it nor responce from the device at all and will not connect to itunes. does anyone hav e a solution for an ipod touch luckly I have it under warrenty. can anyone help me plzzz. thanks
Husky-Jeffery
Mar 8, 2010 at 01:17 PM
If you tried installing BlackRa1n on it and you cut it off and it wont come back on try hooking it up to your computer and reinstalling blackRa1n on it, or if you havent installed blackra1n just open itunes and restore it if it will connect!!!, hope this helps!!!
my ipod wont charge I been charging it for 2 days and the only time it comes on is when its on the charger but as soon as I take it of it doesnt work what do I do
tell apple and they will check it out.