Registration date
Monday July 4, 2011
Status
Last seen
July 7, 2011
- - Latest reply:  Viper Venom - Jul 16, 2011 at 01:41 AM
Hello,
can some one help me?????

i'm trying to install xp on my pc but i have tryed every thing i changed my boot settings to cd rom and every thing but as soon as you safed and restarted and it wants to boot from the cd it does not prompt to boot from cd, infact it just doesn't want to go on.

i have changed my ide cable and the pin settings on my cd rom but still it gives me the same trouble i even used my sata ports and a sata compatable cd rom and still nothing happens can some one help me thanks.

See more 

11 replies

Best answer
Registration date
Monday July 4, 2011
Status
Last seen
July 7, 2011
Thank you
yes i have tried a other cdrom. do you think that it will work if i take that hard drive an put it into my pc and install windows that way or wil windows sync with my hardware that's in my pc (if i can will it work in the other pc when i put the HD back into the pc)

thanks for your support

Say "Thank you" 1

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 5643 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Sunday October 5, 2008
Status
Last seen
September 16, 2019
Thank you
You can put the hard disk into another PC but it will BSOD. you'll need to run a windows repair in the new PC and do the same again when you put it back into the original PC.

BSOD is caused by driver errors.

Say "Thank you" 1

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 5643 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Sunday October 5, 2008
Status
Last seen
September 16, 2019
Thank you
Are you sure its not the disc thats at fault here?

no im sure i have tried a copy and origional xp home and professional and origional vista and windows 7 and still i have the same problem. i dont kow if it's going to help but i have removed the bios battery to reset the motherboard im willing to try every thing
kieferschild
Registration date
Sunday October 5, 2008
Status
Last seen
September 16, 2019
415 -
Have you tried a different CDROM or tried this in another machine?
Thank you
thanks so i kan instaal windows on a other pc but then i need to repair it on the other pc with the same disk or do i need a repair disk to repair windows on that pc?

why im asking is i have tried to repair my own windows once and then it asked me to input the disk labeled repair windows or something in that direction.

speaking of whitch i heard that some one said that it might be the hard drive also thats not working? can that be the problem also??
Registration date
Sunday October 5, 2008
Status
Last seen
September 16, 2019
Thank you
With a Windows disc you can repair windows.

When you boot to CD, go to the recovery console and type this command

chkdsk C: /f /r

press enter and let it run.

restart the PC and boot to the windows disc and follow the onscreen instructions to repair.
Thank you
thanks i wil do so and let you know if i came right.

one thing will it give me an option for typing something in or must just follow the on screen steps for recovery.
Registration date
Sunday October 5, 2008
Status
Last seen
September 16, 2019
Thank you
the first step is press R for recovery console.
do this the first time to run the check disk.

the next time you need to skip the first bit (as if you are going to do a fresh install) and then rather then reinstalling, you'll have the option to repair.
Thank you
thanks wil do so.

thanks very much for your support
Thank you
Hi man thanks for your help ans all i have tried every thing and nothing happend i ended up buying a new hard drive.

Thanks again for every thing
Registration date
Sunday October 5, 2008
Status
Last seen
September 16, 2019
Thank you
So it was the hard disk which was at fault.
Thank you
Yes it looks like that because if managed to install windows on the hard drive but when i used it to boot up my pc to see if it works nothing happend, so i went and buy a new hard drive and used that one on the pc that was not working and it worked fine no problem i managed to install windows and stuff restarted a fiew times and it booted up fine every time.

thanks a mill

if there is something i can help with let me know and i can see if i can help