F10 Setup [Closed]

-
 Slade -
Hello,

I pressed F10 so i can do the bios configuration you were talking about and its asking for a password and I dont know the password, what do i put?

2 replies

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
You need to find which F key gets you into the BIOS. It could be F2 or F10 or F12 or the Delete key. If these don't work then try them ALL (one after the other as fast as you can). Then you need to change the boot order to 1st boot from the CD drive.
If your really stuck you can do a "Windows repair/install". It will reinstall all Windows files and leave your applications alone. Go to this site for instructions http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Good Luck
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

The closest I can get to changing the boot path is by pressing f8, it takes
made to a little blue box that says "Select Boot Device", then it tells me
to use up and down to select, and the problem I think im having on top of
that is that I dont think the cd-rom is working, because the only choice it
> gives me is "Notebook Hard Drive".
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
If you never set a password don't enter one - try to just hit enter
Yeah I tried that already and it still doesnt work. What happened was that I was deleting some virus a trojan files off of my computer, and mistakingly I deleted like 3-4 system files, and now when I start up the computer, it loads but when it gets to the windows logo screen, the one that has a light blue background, and a blue stripe on the bottom and top, it looks like its loading for a couple of second because the little hour glass shows up. After that the hour glass leaves and them im just stuck on that screen. I even tried rebooting from 4 different windows xp cds and it doesnt want to boot from them. I really dont know what else to do.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!