Connect but can not access the internet?

Closed
Jonathan - Mar 29, 2012 at 06:54 PM
A_Strangely_Not_Widely_Known_Use Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 12, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 12, 2015 - Oct 12, 2015 at 07:22 AM
Hello,
I did my usual security update and once it was done I could no longer connect to the internet. It looks like i need winsock program? But I can't get online even wired in to download or use a usb to transfer it because I use a mac...

I tried the reset and reconfigure options but that only let me see the msn homepage and nothing else...

Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Mar 29, 2012 at 09:34 PM
what is your operating system?

Did you try a system restore?
Windows 7 I did the partial restore. I'm trying to avoid the full restore because I have too much stuff that I won't be able to reinstall or actually be able to take off the laptop to move to another computer at the moment
Anonymous User
Apr 1, 2012 at 09:35 AM
Open command prompt as administrator and run these commands

netsh i i r r
netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /flushdns

Restart the PC,if that doesnt work try to uninstall your network driver from device manager

Restart the PC and make windows to install it automatically
is this really working ....or did you alredy encounter this problem
Initially my computer can connect the internet using wireless but could not with the ethernet cable. I struggled for many days until I executed the above commands and voila I got the wire connection to work. Thanks so much!!!!!!
A_Strangely_Not_Widely_Known_Use Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 12, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 12, 2015
Oct 12, 2015 at 07:22 AM
When I tried to do the first command, it says: Reseting Global, failed.
The requested operation requires elevation (Run as administrator)
Reseting Interface, failed.
Reseting Subinterface, failed.
There's no user specified settings to be reset.
Strangely, when I saw the User Accounts, I am the administrator. When I did something with the UAC, the computer has no respond. HELP ME!!!