Is BIOS what I get when I hit F2 at the Toshiba screen?
When I go to the "Boot" section I can't tell if the hard drive is listed. Is that "HDD"?
Here's more info that I had posted on another forum (sorry for not being specific earlier):
When I turn on my Satellite L305-S5875 I get the Toshiba screen (with the F2/F12 options) and then it goes to a black screen with a blinking cursers in the top left corner. I've been scouring the Internet and I can't find a solution to my problem and nothing (that a non techy-person can understand) works.
1. Turning off, unplugging, removing battery, holding power for 2 minutes, plugging in, holding escape while turning on (no difference)
2. Hitting F8 when the computer starts (doesn't work...Computer gets angry and starts beeping back at me while flashing me the cursor)
3. Hitting F2 and resetting startup to default (no change)
4. Hitting Shift 5 times to turn on sticky keys (see angry result from option 2)
5. Many other things that were just dumb. I don't want to restore to factory settings and lose everything. I don't have access to another computer (very easily) to create a Recovery disc. And even if I did I don't understand what that does or how to do it. I want to avoid losing programs that weren't part of factory settings because I won't be able to reinstall them (windows/adobe were borrowed from a friend).
Thank you! Danielle