Computer starts Monistarts than.... "No Signal"

Solved/Closed
amk5660 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 9, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 10, 2012 - Oct 9, 2012 at 07:05 PM
amk5660 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 9, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 10, 2012 - Oct 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Hello,
so ive read all the other forums about the no signal monitor and tried them all but
when the computer starts the monitor turns on until after the window start is finished the screen turns black and says no signal and stays black, i tried force shutting down and cleaning the ram and holding the power button but still the same thing happens over and over. any help pleasee D:

2 responses

amk5660 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 9, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 10, 2012
Oct 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM
it worked!!!!! omg yes! i love you! thank you!
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 10, 2012 at 03:42 AM
Hi amk5660,

As you have mentioned the video disappears only after the Windows Logo, this can possibly happen because of a faulty video card driver. Follow the steps below to uninstall/install the video card drivers:

1. Power on/Restart the computer.
2. Once the computer goes past the initial setup screen start tapping the F8 key on the keyboard.
3. It will show you Advanced Boot Options.
4. Select Safe Mode and hit Enter.
5. After loading some initial drivers the computer will show you the Desktop with a low resolution. While you are still in Safe Mode uninstall/install the Video card driver.
6. If you need any help with the video card driver installation, do reply with the Device instance ID of the video card driver.
7. To get the Device instance ID of the video card, right click the Computer/My Computer icon on the Desktop, select Manage, select Device Manager under Computer Management from the left pane, then expand Display Adapter from right pane. Right click the Device listed under Display Adapters, click properties, go to the Details tab, and then select Device Instance Id from the dropdown list. Make a note of this Device Instance ID.

Do reply with results.