-
Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
-
Hello friends,

We have three wireless internet connections like HR, TRANSPORT & ACCOUNT.
Through Win-XP & Win7, how to know which connection I am using?

3 replies

Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi ugn10,

To check which wireless network you are connected to, follow the below mentioned steps:

1. If you are using Windows XP, Right-click the network connection icon in the notification area (bottom right side of the screen), and then click View Available Wireless Networks. It will list the available wireless networks. The wireless network to which you are connected will show clearly as connected.
2. If you are using Windows 7, click the Network and Sharing Center icon in the notification area(bottom right side of the screen), a small popup window will show you the wireless network you are connected to under "Currently connected to:".
3. If the network connection/network and sharing center icon is not available in the notification area you can go to Control Panel and then find Network Connections icon (in Windows XP) or the Network and Sharing Center (in Windows 7).

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Registration date
Saturday October 27, 2012
Status
Last seen
March 4, 2014

Thank u for suggesting me to resolve it.

Pls suggest me for following:

In my office, there is a wireless internet connection (router).
Some of our staff use desktop and some use laptop.
Windows XP and Windows 7 both are installed.
All cable connections are ok still only some laptops & desktop are facing following type of internet connection.
i) No Internet Connection
ii) Low Speed
Service provider suggests to restart wireless router but I think its not right way because it affects those users also who are doing important task online or transactions.
Pls suggest me that how to resolve it individually depending upon desktop, laptop, Windows XP and Windows 7.

Thanks.......
Registration date
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi ugn10,

As you have mentioned you have already contacted the ISP (Internet Service Provider), and they have suggested resetting the router. Ideally, the ISP would know the exact settings you have for your office machines. So, following their suggestion would be the best course of action. However, a temporary workaround could be that you can try disconnecting to the network of the systems that are facing the issue and then reconnecting back. To do so right click the network you are connected to in the Network and Sharing Center in Windows 7 or Notification area in Windows XP, click disconnect and then try connecting again.

Please reply if you have any further questions.