My notebook could not find the DVD/CD drive.
I fixed it myself, and here is how:
1. I noticed that when I pressed the open button on the dvd drive tray with the power on, it would not open.
2. If the tray does not open, it means the drive is NOT getting any power.
3. I removed the power and battery and unscrewed the mounting screw on the back that holds
the drive in the laptop.
4. I pulled out the drive and saw that the bracket on the end of the drive was bent! This meant that the
drive wasn't seated reliably in the power socket.
5. I straightened the bracket and reinstalled the drive.
6. It now works perfectly.