Acer Laptop Charger Problem

Closed
AcerLappy Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday January 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2013 - Jan 30, 2013 at 12:49 AM
AcerLappy Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday January 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2013 - Feb 4, 2013 at 03:30 AM
Hello,

I have a Acer Aspire 4710 Laptop.

The Charger has a single Green Light on it to indicate if there is an active power supply coming through the Plug[ https://picturepush.com/public/12072971 ].

Input = 100-240V ~ 1.6A 50-60 Hz
Output = 19V -- 3.42A

When i connect my Charger to the Plug with/without connecting it to Laptop, the Green Light continuously blinks(suggesting that there's a continuous connection+disconnection of the Power -- as if i'm pushing the Plug on & off continuously).

If i connect the Laptop with the Charger Power Light blinking, the Laptop's Incoming/Charging Power blinks accordingly as the Charger's Light Blinks.

That would really suggest that my Charger's dead but the Charger twists the Situation as it works once in a while just fine.

It's NOT my Battery as it happens regardless of whether i connect it to Laptop or not.

Of Course, I do have another possibility that the Charger might not be getting enough power to run on but this is very unlikely for me as i had it charging normally even during situations called "Half-Light"(where the Home is supplied with half or less power capacity of what was supposed to be supplied) and it was charging in Full-Power.

I'm not from the US and the Charger costs about 2500 - 3000 here and I'm not sure if i should go ahead and purchase one.

Thanks
Related:

1 response

AcerLappy Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday January 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2013 3
Feb 4, 2013 at 03:30 AM
I forgot to mention it: I repaired it myself a day after this question. And I'm posting it here so that anyone with the same problem in the future may find this useful.

For anyone with the same problem:

I used a Screw Driver( http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/screwdriver-1.jpg ) to force open the Adapter with slight hammering. Then i cleaned it and joined the Adapter(Charger) case back,

And now, it's working up fine.