Please help i can't connect to the internet.

Closed
madai - Mar 12, 2013 at 02:40 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Mar 12, 2013 at 04:07 PM
Hello,
So here is my problem, I was able to use the internet on my desktop ( up Windows XP) and I think I downloaded a music downloader I shouldn't have because NOW I cannot connect to the internet. It won't detect my Ethernet cable!! I've gone to start, control panel, network & internet connections, network connections, but there is nothing there. I was told it could be a virus that is blocking the computer from detecting the cable but I really don't know. Someone please help. Keep in mind I can't download anything since I can't connect to the internet.

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Mar 12, 2013 at 03:47 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on Start --> Run --> Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

"Device Manager" will be opened.

Let me know if you can see your "Network Adapter" in it.

Is there any yellow mark ?

Good Luck
No Network adapter is not there. Thanks for trying to help.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Mar 12, 2013 at 03:59 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
1)If there is no yellow mark in the device manager and then first make sure that your on-board network adapter is not disabled in the BIOS.
2) Try reinstalling your network drivers once again. Download the drivers from a working PC. You can download the network drivers from your PC manufacture's website.
Good Luck
Ok here is what I did on the device manager there was no network adapter so the other devices icon was open and I clicked it and suddenly network adapters came on there but another window poped up and it says this device cannot start code 10. Click troubleshooter for this device. What do I do?
Mar 12, 2013 at 04:03 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Code 10 indicates that the drivers are corrupted or incompatible or outdated.
Try reinstalling your network drivers once again. Download the drivers from a working PC. You can download the network drivers from your PC manufacture's website.
Good Luck
Sorry for all the trouble when the network adapters icon appeared it does have a yellow mark on it with an exlamation point in it.