Toshiba Satellite L500D black screen with mouse cursor

Closed
HaoPham Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2013 - Jun 16, 2013 at 01:48 AM
HaoPham Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2013 - Jun 19, 2013 at 04:31 AM
Hello,

I have just bought this laptop from my uncle. It's around 5 months old and one day when I try to press the power button it shows up a message says
"Windows cannot start due to the recent incorrect changes to software/hardware"
and below it there are two options:
Start system repair (Recommended)
Launch windows normally
If I choose the second option, it would take ages on the starting windows screen and later turn to a black screen with white mouse cursor.
For the first option I inserted the recovery disk, a loading files message start up and then switch TO THE BLACK SCREEN WITH MOUSE CURSOR.
I really need my laptop and have tried to look through all the websites for help but they don't really seem to work :(
Some options that I tried:
- press F8 and chose all the three different safe mode options ( computer loaded the system files and then after a while blue screen flashes and it restarted and show me the same msg as above)
- press shift 5 times but nothing comes up, not even the sound.
-Crt + Alt + Del for task manager but nothing comes up either
-Reset everything in the F2 thingy to default.
-Launch a boot by recovery DVD / CD ( ONE time I got lucky and have the screen with colour and allow me to choose the language, I chose english and nothing comes up after that.)
- Hold the "0" button when starting up but still doesn't work ( I got this from youtube)
Hope you guys can help!! Thanks.

It has Windows 7 BTW
Related:

1 response

carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 125
Jun 19, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Try this, I got it from Microsoft and it worked perfectly on my PC
I have your solution, it is registy problem, boot up your pc,
When it stops at the black screen with my documents open hit cntr+alt+delete and then task manager
Run a new task called regedit
Now in the left hand collum navigate to HKEY_local machine/software/microsoft/WindowsNT/Currentversion/winlogon.
Click on the winlogon folder
Now in the right hand panel click on shell.
The data value should only be explorer.exe so delete anything after that,
Do this by double clicking on shell and edit the value and hit ok
Restart and thats it!
HaoPham Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2013
Jun 19, 2013 at 04:31 AM
Thanks a lot for your help!
When it stops at the black screen ( with movable mouse cursor) I can't really do anything even Ctrl+Alt +Del so what should I do ?