Hooking up TV with external monitor

Solved/Closed
MochaMike Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 27, 2013 - Jun 27, 2013 at 01:28 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 28, 2013 at 08:27 AM
I have already used the VGA connection for an external connection to a larger monitor for my laptop(DELL Latitude E6400). I have an HDMI connection on the laptop which needed an adapter and an HDMI cable which I've hooked to my TV - RCA. However, I cannot get the TV to work. I followed all the instructions in this forum and they work for the laptop's own monitor and the external monitor I've hooked up, but can I hook up yet a third - the TV? I'm really only using it for Netflix, so should I simply get a cheapie older PSI, Xbox or????

Your help is most appreciated.
Related:

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 28, 2013 at 03:08 AM
Hi MochaMike,

Latitude E6400 does not have HDMI port; it is a "DisplayPort". Please use a "Display Port to HDMI" cable. Click here to see image of one such cable. Moreover, you cannot configure multiple displays without an adapter like "Matrox DualHead2Go Digital SE external multi-display adapter" or a similar adapter. You can know more about this from here.

Please revert for clarification.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thanks Z..you are right about the HDMI which is why I used an adapter. And what you say about "you cannot configure multiple displays without an adapter"..is exactly what I suspected...so I'm going o just grab a Wii and hook it up directly....gives me the separate/remote option too..
Thanks for your help.