Weird Internet Problem

Closed
Manojia Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2013 - Dec 13, 2013 at 03:13 PM
nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014 - Dec 13, 2013 at 03:45 PM
Hello,
I have a broadband modem + a wifi router installed. The modem is connected to my p4/win XP computer through the router and the internet is working fine on the computer. The weird thing is, on my laptop, ONLY skype is working through wifi internet. I cannot browse at all. Furthermore, even on my cellphone, only whatsapp working through wifi. I can't browse from my mobile phone too. Can anybody tell what could possibly be wrong? I'm really confused!

Related:

1 response

nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014
Dec 13, 2013 at 03:45 PM
Left click the network icon on the bottom right.
Right click the connection you are using and select Status.
Click Properties.
Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Properties.
If the DNS is set to Obtain DNS server address automatically, then set it to Use the following DNS server addresses. Put any working DNS, such as 8.8.8.8 (Google's Public DNS) , and then click OK or Close until all of the windows you just opened are closed, and then try again.
If the DNS options are already set to Use the following DNS server addresses and there is a DNS server filled in, then change it to Obtain DNS server address automatically or put a known working DNS like 8.8.8.8 for the DNS server IP address.