Toshiba Satellite L675D fires up then dies instantly.

Closed
bluematter Posts 1 Registration date Sunday May 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 18, 2014 - May 18, 2014 at 03:18 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 19, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I have had a series of problems today. Starting with my synaptic touch pad scrolling feature crashing. I went to the mouse settings in the control panel and accidentally disabled the whole touch pad, forcing myself to try and re enable it with the keyboard.

This was a headache in it's own and very unnecessary/frustrating, but fine I can just manually shut off the power and things should be okay, boy was I wrong.

When trying to reboot, the laptop did start and the fans fired up, there was noise but with a black screen. So I googled the black screen and came across this https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/ I followed the cycle and now my laptop won't even start.

The laptop makes a boot sound then instantly dies. I tried removing the ram, and cleaning it.

Is it possible there is a hardware failure with the touchpad? This is really heartbreaking as I had goals today and was in a rhythm with my work flow, not that it's anyone's concern but I am sure some can relate and ultimately I am feeling futile and extremely stressed/upset.

I think the best answer would probably already be what I have read, and thats remove the battery and follow the cycle but maybe by giving an idea with why this started happening with the touchpad failing someone may have some good ideas as to why this is happening.

Thanks for reading, and taking any time from your day.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 19, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I suspect you have a hardware problem. You probably should take the laptop to a local repair shop and get an estimate for repair. Don't be surprised if it cost more to repair than to buy a new laptop.

Good luck