My Acer laptop freezes at start-up and won't load any further

Closed
synnx Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2014 - Jun 14, 2014 at 08:40 PM
Vixen1 Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday June 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2014 - Jun 17, 2014 at 06:11 PM
So I turned on my Acer laptop and it froze. It only showed "Intel Acer" loading screen and it loaded a little bit, but not till the end and there it stuck FOREVER. I tried pressing some buttons, but after I pressed a couple of them it started beeping every time I press the button. Yeah I tried to turn it off and on and all that, I even opened it up to see if everything ok and it seems ok. It didn't even go to the Windows loading screen, it stuck at "brand loading screen, intel acer"... I pressed ESC and then the black screen appeared with the system info, and it also got stuck there. Then I pressed the F2 button, it says "Entering SETUP" and there it stuck as well. So it won't pass the brand loading screen, it won't enter the Setup menu OR Boot menu, NOTHING at all, it just stuck there every single time I try. If anyone of you may know the solution or the problem that is causing this, please reply ASAP. Thanks.
Here's some info:
Acer Aspire 5630 series
Model NO: BL50
DC rating: 19V, 4,74A
3GB RAM
1.66GHz
Windows 7
Related:

1 response

Vixen1 Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday June 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2014
Jun 17, 2014 at 06:11 PM
synnx.
from the way it sounds it sounds like you may have a virus, and a nasty one at that. I remember a friend having the same problem one time, and I "think" I can remember what we did. first off how old is your acer, and when did you get it, if it is new then you can send it back to the manufacturer as long as the warranty is still good, and let them know what is going on, or bring it back to the place you got it from as long as you got with in the 30 day time line.now the way I can help is this, first off before the Intel Acer/windows screen shows up press and hold F8, that is if you haven't tried it yet. you will see the the "MAIN" set for you comp/lap top. with the arrow buttons look for the restore to last time and date to see if that works. if not then shut off and press/hold F8 again and see if you can do anything in "safe mood" and take a look around your Acer program files and that and see if there could be something that may have gotten down loaded that shouldn't of. and if that don't work... press the reset button on the bouttom of your lap top if it has one. though I been told not to do that cause it gets rid of EVERYTHING at once and you would have to go through the processes of re-adding what should be on there like your fire wall virus protection, and most important soft wear of all your ATI witch is your screen sizing. so I wouldn't do it but if you want to then go ahead your lap top after all. and if all else fails then you may have to take it in and have someone look at it.
this is all I can think of and do for you synnx I am sorry ahead of time if this don't help you out...
Vixen1