Computer powers on but does not boot & fans don't spin

Solved/Closed
Reginaldedavis Posts 3 Registration date Saturday September 20, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 20, 2014 - Updated on Jan 8, 2019 at 12:31 PM
 Gee Boy - Nov 25, 2016 at 06:59 AM
Hello,

I have a Gateway Model GT5016E. It worked normally until one day it would not turn on. I took it to a computer repair shop & they said I needed a new motherboard. I replaced the motherboard but the problem still presists. I even purchased new RAM & a power supply. The desktop still does not boot. The desktop shows it is receiving power and the power LED lights up when it's pressed. I have no clue what else it can be. Any answers that can help resolve this will really help.

Thank you in advance.
Related:

3 responses

Reginaldedavis Posts 3 Registration date Saturday September 20, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 20, 2014 15
Sep 20, 2014 at 04:54 PM
I did all of this. Nothing works. I took my new & old power supply to the repair shop & was told both work fine & hard drive works fine. I was told it was just the motherboard. Now that I replaced so much to it I can't see what else could be wrong. Luckily everything was cheap. Replacement Motherboard, $20. 2 GB of RAM, $20. New Power Supply, $33.(Returned it) I am absolutely stuck. Unless I can find an easy fix, I plan to just by a new one. Thanks for the help!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Sep 20, 2014 at 05:08 PM
The 20$ motherboard must have been an old one recovered from a discarded computer.

Did they give you your old motherboard back or did they use it for another sick computer?

What about your old motherboard with the new power supply?

That repair shop of your yours does not inspire me.

There is no easy fix to this.

I suggest an HP product, brand new, 500Gb, 4gb Ram, Intel, windows 8.1,excellent performance, brand new for $350 USD
sahib > Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023
Jul 4, 2016 at 03:54 PM
remove the BIOS cell that is present on your mother Bord and than fully unpower your computer after some time press the power button but dont connect power supply to your computer press it for 1 min than connect power supply to your computer than you will see computer fans are start working it will tack time to start up but your computer will start believe me cause im facing same problem & this solution is invited by my self so if u have any problems u can mail ***@***
brothers this problem is not regarding u r power supply or u r mother Bord it a problem of bios and bios is an application which start up the computer so be cool try the method i have given it will work and u r computer will work like as it work before but all u have to do is after start up of u r computer u have to set date and time of u r computer
Gee Boy > sahib
Nov 25, 2016 at 06:59 AM
Thanks bro il try that..