Can't open regedit [Solved/Closed]

gaurav - Mar 17, 2009 at 03:03 AM - Latest reply:  nanda
- Sep 8, 2010 at 08:40 PM
hi,

I am unable to open the regedit command. it has been disabled please tell such command or any other thing to open the regedit

thank you

gpsikarwar
See more 

11 replies

Thank you
wow thais was awsome. appreciate it. now everythingworks. ur the best!!
Thank you
maybe u can open from command prompt.
Anonymous User - Mar 17, 2009 at 03:51 AM
Thank you
its so easy dude like ABC..go to run and type "gpedit.msc"
click on administrative template>double click on system>double click Prevent access to registry editing tools>click not configure or disable.then apply then click ok..
you have done dude..good luck..:p
hey friend, yours was THE most helpful link ive found in my hours of surfing; everything you said helped me right up until the point where you end at "Press Ok"...

because nothing happened. Should I restart my computer now, or was it supposed to just start working? My brain is fried so I need micromanagement.
nayru u r the best thanks alot dude every thing I tried failed but ur way to open registery worked now I deleted virus from registery
says "application not found" when I type it into task manager..
I got as far as system... and I can't find Prevent Access to Registry Editing Tools anywhere in the system section. In fact, there is nothing about the registry there. What do I do now? D:
i cant open the "gpedit.msc" also I think I have a virus in my computer
so I cant open the "regedit" and the "folder option"
Thank you
hi m nisha if its disabled go to programs , accessories then command prompt n type regedit