Dell vostro 1540 won't pass the dell logo

Closed
Sara - Apr 24, 2015 at 02:01 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 25, 2015 at 04:47 AM
Hi, I have a vostro 1540 Dell , it has windows 7 ultimate installed on it and it's 64 bit .my problem is that I put my laptop on sleep and went to do some work when returned we had a sudden blackout and so my laptop shout downed , I turned it on but now it only shows the Dell's logo and loads but it shows a black screen and again it shows Dell's logo , it doesn't pass this logo I can hear the fan though , The caps lock light seems to be working fine . Please help me and tell me what to do I have my projects saved in it .
Thank you
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 24, 2015 at 04:20 PM
Try this

1. Remove the battery and cable.

2. Press and hold the power button for 58 seconds.

3. Replug and start.

Good luck
I exactly did what you said ambucias but nothing really changed , still the same issue , it tries to load windows but fails , it goes to the point of showing Dell logo but again a black screen then again I can see the Dell logo but nothing further . I unplugged everything and took out the battery and shut downed my laptop and holded the power button exactly 58 sec ,but nothing happened , did I do something wrong somewhere?