Dell vostro 1540 won't pass the dell logo [Closed]

-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 7, 2021
-
Hi, I have a vostro 1540 Dell , it has windows 7 ultimate installed on it and it's 64 bit .my problem is that I put my laptop on sleep and went to do some work when returned we had a sudden blackout and so my laptop shout downed , I turned it on but now it only shows the Dell's logo and loads but it shows a black screen and again it shows Dell's logo , it doesn't pass this logo I can hear the fan though , The caps lock light seems to be working fine . Please help me and tell me what to do I have my projects saved in it .
Thank you

2 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 7, 2021
Try this

1. Remove the battery and cable.

2. Press and hold the power button for 58 seconds.

3. Replug and start.

Good luck
I exactly did what you said ambucias but nothing really changed , still the same issue , it tries to load windows but fails , it goes to the point of showing Dell logo but again a black screen then again I can see the Dell logo but nothing further . I unplugged everything and took out the battery and shut downed my laptop and holded the power button exactly 58 sec ,but nothing happened , did I do something wrong somewhere?
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 7, 2021
Hello Sara,

No, you have not done anything wrong, it shows that the laptop has not accumulated "flea" power has they often to.

Will it boot in safe mode ? Restart tapping F8. If it does, choose last known good configurations.

If it does not go into safe mode, you may need to restore to factory settings, in which case, you will lose all of your data. So try hard to go into safe mode.

Good luck
No It won't go to the safe mode , just repeats the loading sequence as if nothing's happened .restore to factory settings ? Oh , I don't have any back up of my files :(
Do you think my hard drives are ok ? I never put my laptop to sleep mode I alway turn it off , but yesterday since I had a project I put it to sleep mode which was obviously a great mistake . Thank you Ambucias for your instructions and help , I think I just restore to factory settings .
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 7, 2021
10,047 > sara
You are most welcome

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!